Sunday, March 28, 2010

Book Talk Sunday - Twilight

So, since I'm so bored right now and will probably not have time during the week, I've decided to keep on posting today. Every entry will be about a different book. As I have promised, Twilight is my next topic. I read this book in late 2008. Since, I've read it about three or four times. I thought it was great - at first. I don't know what happened, but I like to think that I have moved on. To me, the Twilight series is overrated. Bella is about the weakest character I've ever read about. She's a follower. she has no individuality. At first, she relies on Edward. Then he leaves her and - what do you know? - she totally takes advantage of Jacob. Poor guy. Being used by such an inconsiderate person. Horrible. Edward is too overprotective and selfish. Need I go on?
So I'm annoyed. The characters. The vampires aren't too convincing, let alone interesting. I've read better love stories, vampire and not.
But, hey, if you like it, whatever. I used to like it too. I did like the movie New Moon, though. Probably the one and only movie that might be better than the book. I'll probably watch Eclipse. It'll annoy me, but I want to see how these people are translating the book into movie.

Official Eclipse trailer:




So I want to see the movie. Don't think I don't. I just don't love the books. They're okay. But that's all you'll get from me. Onto my next post!

0 comments: