Sunday, April 4, 2010

Glass Houses

I figured to just keep on going with my vampire book reviews. This should be it for a while, considering I've only read so many vampire books. I just finished Glass Houses by Rachel Caine a few days ago. This is the first book in the Morganville Vampires series.

Review: I thought it was pretty good. In the beginning, it was kind of hard to read, but that might have been because I wanted to read other books. Anyways, by the end I was really glad that I read it. I don't quite understand what happened at the end though. If you've read it, can you please shed some light? I thought the book was funny in some parts. It was serious when it needed to be. I like the characters (meaning that none of them had annoyed me ;-) ). I would have preferred it to be in first person, but things are the way they are.
Characters: Like I said before, none of them have annoyed me. Yet. I had to put that in. I'm just that pessimistic. I like how Claire is stubborn and won't take no for an answer. Because I can't, personally, be like that, I either admire it or hate it when others are. In this case, I admire Claire for that. She's still stupid though. Stubbornness is not that great of a quality. Shane and Michael are both pretty cool. It makes me wish guys like them existed in the world. They probably do, but not in my part of the world. Eve is also cool. It's kind of ironic that she's Goth but her name's Eve. Maybe not ironic (still trying to figure out how to use that word correctly), but it's funny. Both in the ha-ha and weird way.
Story: The storyline was pretty good. It had drama, action, the first whispers of romance. It was a little bit of a mystery, but sometimes the characters just have to be clueless (of course, clueless works better in a first-person perspective, just saying). I'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.

Content: kissing, major make-out scene

Stars: 4

Series:
Glass Houses
The Dead Girls' Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
Lord of Misrule
Carpe Corpus
Fade Out
Kiss of Death
Ghost Town

0 comments: