Thursday, April 1, 2010

House of Night

I know, I know. So many vampires, right? Sorry about that. Just getting started. It'll be over soon enough for those of you who don't like vamps too much. I only hate Twilight vamps (go figure), but every other kind of vamp? LOVE THEM!
So, back to the House of Night.

Review: So, I thought the first book was okay. Betrayed and Chosen were good. Untamed, Hunted, and Tempted? *screams* But I wouldn't really do that in real life. I'd probably jump up and down, singing my current favorite song: Electric Feel by MGMT. so, *jumps up and down singing Electric Feel, evens though it has nothing to do with the book*. Yeah. I loved the last three. First three: good. Last three: AWESOME! It brings a whole new meaning to Vampyres. That's right. Vampyres. With a Y, not the typical I. VA brought a new idea about vamps: three races: Moroi (live, magic), Dhampir (half-human), and Strigoi (undead, soul-less). HoN brings a whole new idea. They all believe in the goddess Nyx. They attend a school called House of Night. They have "tattoos" on them. The special ones have an affinity for something.
Characters: The main character would be Zoey Redbird. I don't like her too much. I like her character (no pun intended), but I don't her, if that makes sense. She's annoyed me on many occasions. Mostly with the multiple guys. She has a thing for that. So, Zoey mildly annoys me. I do think she's cool though. She does have affinities for all of the elements. I like Stevie Rae. I LOVE Stark (Untamed). The others are okay. I hate all the guys but Stark and (kinda) Heath. but he's human and really doesn't belong.
Story: It's definitely interesting. It has many twists, and turns. You think one thing, and then you find out something that changes everything. I would say the main points are: trying to save the world while simultaneously juggling a few guys. Not that she's, well, you know. She doesn't mean for it to happen. It's not her fault she doesn't have time to sort out her feelings. Everything happens quickly. Anyways, good plot. I liked it a lot, if that counts for anything. There are some really sad parts, some really messed-up parts. I felt like crying in some parts, but for some reason Vampire books (including VA, etc.) don't make me cry. Everything but vampire books.

Content: make-out scenes, kissing, sex-scene (1) [whole series]

Stars: whole series- 5
Marked- 3.5

Quotes:
"So I was beginning my new life as a anomaly, which figured about as much as it sucked." Zoey Redbird
"You are old beyond your years Zoeybird. Believe in yourself and you will find a way. But remember darkness does not always equate to evil just like light does not always bring good."
"Before I could cry or scream I whirled around and stalked to my bedroom,slamming the door behind me. I hope they all drown. "Zoey your mother and I need to speak with you." Great. Clearly they didn't drown."
“Hey, which one of them is supposed to be your boyfriend?” Stark asked me. Even in the terrible shape he was in, he caught my glance with his. His voice was scratchy, and he sounded scarily weak, but his eyes sparkled with humor. “I am!” Heath and Erik said together.

Series:
Marked
Betrayed
Chosen
Untamed
Hunted
Tempted
Burned 4-27-10
Awakened ??-??-??

I hear that there's most likely going to be nine books. I really don't know.

I <3 STARK!!!

0 comments: