Sunday, April 4, 2010

This Week's Playlist

So, I've been thinking about what songs I could use for this week's playlist. I have come up with:


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



Explanation:
Be My Escape - This song kind of reminds me of Beastly by Alex Flinn. Adrian (the "Beast") is locked inside and he can't get out. He's asking Linda ("Beauty") to be his escape. Or maybe he's asking the witch. It can go either way, because there are parts for either of them.
Hero - Vampire Academy. It's an amazing song for Rose and Dimitri. <3
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - The parts where it says "Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused by you./Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to be used by you." That reminds me of Impulse by Ellen Hopkins. It kind of has to do with the main characters' lives, especially Tony and Conner.
Unwell - This is another song for Impulse. They all get sent to Aspen Springs because they all attempted suicide. The song says "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell. But stay a while and maybe then you'll see a different side of me." Tony, Conner and Vanessa aren't necessarily crazy, but they're "Unwell". (Get it?)
Soul Meets Body - The Host for the whole "soul meets body" thing. The song doesn't really go with the book, though. Still, it's a cool song.
How Far We've Come - This could go with any end-of-the-world book. It could go with Life as We Knew It (Susan Beth Pfeffer) and Terra Nova: The Search (Nathan Charlton) or even books like The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) and The Giver (Lois Lowry) because their uptopias/distopias that were created after an end-of-the-world event.
If Today Was Your Last Day - I haven't read Before I Fall or Before I Die, but I would imagine that this song could be really good for either of them.
Electric Feel - This is that song I talked about in one of the latest posts. It is my current favorite song. It's held that position for about two weeks tops. A few more weeks and it'll pass Savior by Rise Against (stayed my favorite for about a month).

0 comments: